Effective on January 1, 2018
This privacy statement describes how JJL MEDIA LLC (d.b.a. John Shipp and Associates) (“John Shipp and Associates,” “we,” or “us”) collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: johnshipp.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
At John Shipp and Associates the protection of your personal information is important to us.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Shipping information such as home address, and return address
- Preferences Information such as marketing preferences and referral preferences
- Computer information such as IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details
We use this information to:
- Contact you if you requested
- Assess the needs and wants of your activity on johnshipp.com to determine suitable features and products to provide
- Respond to customer service and all other inquiries
- Administer your account
- Verify a member’s identity
- Prevent fraud or other misuse of our services including protecting our rights and the rights of our affiliates and third parties
- Send you a newsletter and other marketing communications if you opt in
- Improve our Website to provide a better experience
- Conduct research and analysis
- Investigate to identify and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
We may also use information gathered about you in ways in which we have not outlined above. We will notify you at the time we gather this information if deemed necessary by law.
Additionally, we may collect information from you through web beacons, cookies, and other automated measures for the purpose of identifying your browsing device when you visit us. We also track how you navigate around our website and analysis your use of our website. This information may be used to track how you access our services and the internet overtime.
We do not sell your personal information and will only share it with third parties involved with helping to service our website. This includes helping us with our business activities such as analyzing and tracking your behavior on our site, or offering customer service and security. These companies may only use your personal information for the necessary services they provide us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law enforcement such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar and other legal processes
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety and security, investigate fraud, or replying to a government requests
- If John Shipp and Associates (JJL MEDIA LLC) is involved in a sale, merger or acquisition of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a important notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- To any third party for which you provide us consent to use your information
Making sure your personal information is secure is very important to us. We protect the personal information provided by us by following the industry standard of online security. Our dedicated security team aims to protects your personal information during transmission and once we have received it. Please recognize no transmission over the internet or type of electronic storage is ever 100% secure. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions or concerns about security on our web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information will be retained for as long as you are a customer or is needed to provide services to you. If you wish to request we no longer use your information, contact us at email@example.com. Your information will be retained when necessary to comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreement, and resolving any outstanding disputes.
We may provide features to permit interactions between us and third party websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. Some examples of social features include enabling you to like or share content, watch videos and make comments on certain pages using plugins. We may transmit content to John Shipp and Associates from your account on a third party website or service.
John Shipp and Associates (johnshipp.com) is a general audience website and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from people younger than the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Many web browsers allow the option to stop accepting new cookies or disable existing ones. Please note that if you disable cookies on your device, some features of our web site may become unavailable and it may invalidate opt outs that our cookies use to recognize your devices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
JJL MEDIA LLC
104 Rainbow Drive #440
Livingston, TX 77399